IHA has designed the Hospital Board Certification program to help hospitals use governance best practices, promote the coordination of care and the best use of resources. In turn, this demonstrates to lawmakers, regulators, physicians, employees, the business community and other community stakeholders that Iowa hospitals:
- Understand and embrace the need for governance accountability.
- Govern according to a standard of excellence.
- Are willing to formally certify their adherence to governance best practices.
- Are committed to coordination of resources in their communities.
- Embrace community accountability and transparency.
- Structure their community benefit and outreach programs to meet identified community needs.
- Utilize data from IHA to identify and address areas of need, especially regarding the uninsured and underinsured.
- Utilize performance data to identify opportunities for improvement and monitor progress that improves quality and safety.
- Integrate local health efforts with state programs.
Certified trustees are recognized each year at the IHA Governance Forum.
Certified hospital or system boards
Hospitals and health systems can register their entire board to complete the Hospital Board Certification Program.. Three levels of board certification are recognized:
- One Star – 40-69% of board members are certified.
- Two Stars – 70-99% of board members are certified.
- Three Stars – All board members are certified.
Find Out More and Sign Up Today!
To learn more about the IHA hospital board certification program and to see previous certified trustee awards please open the links below.
Congratulations to these hospitals for achieving a Star Award based on their trustee participation in the IHA Board Certificate Program in 2022.
One-star board participation
- Clarke County Hospital, Osceola
- Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, Albia
- UnityPoint Health – Grinnell Regional Medical Center, Grinnell
- Van Diest Medical Center, Webster City
- Winneshiek Medical Center, Decorah
Two-star board participation
- Adair County Health System, Greenfield
- Henry County Health Center, Mount Pleasant
- Kossuth Regional Health Center, Algona
- Madison County Health Care System, Winterset
- MercyOne Newton Medical Center, Newton
- Story County Medical Center, Nevada
Three-star board participation
- Clarinda Regional Health Center, Clarinda
- Dallas County Hospital, Perry
- Greene County Medical Center, Jefferson
- Jefferson County Health Center, Fairfield
- Lucas County Health Center, Chariton
- Mary Greeley Medical Center, Ames
- Montgomery County Memorial Hospital, Red Oak