IHA is interested in connecting with talented people to take the organization to the next level. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a recent graduate, working with IHA could be a challenging and rewarding step in your career. Consider IHA as an employer to put your talents to use, making a difference in the health and well-being of Iowans every day.
About the Iowa Hospital Association
IHA is a nonprofit trade association of 119 hospital and health system members. The association was established in 1929 and provides advocacy, education and information to its members. It represents and advocates health policy issues benefiting Iowans before the state legislature, U.S. Congress and regulatory bodies. IHA is headquartered in Des Moines and is an allied member of the American Hospital Association.
The Iowa Hospital Association represents Iowa hospitals and supports them in achieving their missions and goals.
The Iowa Hospital Association will be Iowa's most trusted, respected and influential leader in health policy and advocacy, and a valued resource for information and education.
The Iowa Hospital Association is committed to:
Equal opportunity employer
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
IHA is committed to ensuring its employment process is inclusive and open to everyone. IHA will provide reasonable accommodations to anyone needing help during any part of the employment process because of disability, mental condition, or physical or mental impairment. If you need help navigating IHA’s careers webpages or applying for a position, please email email@example.com.
Senior Director, Finance Policy
The Iowa Hospital Association is seeking an experienced finance policy director to analyze, monitor and interpret the impact of state and federal finance policy initiatives on Iowa hospitals. This person also will monitor and be a resource to IHA members about Medicaid and Medicare policies and financial-related regulations, and evaluate commercial payer changes to Iowa health care providers.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in business, finance or public health administration preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid payment policies.
- Familiarity with state Medicaid public policy and regulatory practices.
- Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel.
- Understand Iowa Medicaid payment policies and managed-care organizations.
- Review state financial policies and identify opportunities for financial and operational improvement for hospitals.
- Research and analyze federal policies for state Medicaid programs and work with the state on potential opportunities for hospital members. Advocate for member perspectives before the Iowa Medicaid Enterprise.
- Oversee Medicaid hospital initiatives, including the hospital rebasing process. Facilitate communication between IHA and the Iowa Medicaid Enterprise.
- Research and analyze federal and state policy initiatives in the health care system delivery, finance reform and insurance reform.
- Oversee Medicare payment reports, including payment modeling reports, and evaluate the impact to IHA members.
- Full time.
- The Iowa Hospital Association offers an excellent benefits and compensation package.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call IHA at 515-288-1955, with questions.