Providers today are facing an era of change unlike any before. Reform policies, shifting requirements and fiscal uncertainty create a chaotic atmosphere for professionals as well as providers. During times like these, strong leaders who demonstrate innovation and focused decision-making abilities are required. That’s why IHA is partnering with the Iowa Healthcare Collaborative, Iowa Medical Society and Iowa Academy of Family Physicians to offer a certification program designed to help physicians gain the tools to become successful leaders in today’s complex health care environment.
The Physician Business Leadership Certificate is achieved through attending sessions scheduled quarterly, along with additional requirements in networking and involvement with other industry activities. Each session features a lineup of well-known physician faculty who will share their expertise on three main focus areas:
- Foundational Leadership Skills: Fundamental leadership and business skills
- Equipping for Health Care Today: Topics helping physicians improve their execution, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Hot Topics: Issues in health care delivery currently impacting physicians, such as the opioid crisis, behavioral health issues.
More information about the program can be found here.
All five of the 2022 Physician Business Leadership Program sessions have been approved for continuing education credits from the Iowa Medical Society and Des Moines University. The accreditation statement below reflects the approved credits for session one taking place on February 22, 2022.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 5.5 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Rheumatology Association of Iowa. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
EDUCATIONAL GRANTS: No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
DISCLOSURES: The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.