Succession Planning in Health Care Organizations and Hospital Administration
How Iowa Hospitals Can Improve Employee Retention
As retirement rates of senior staff at health care organizations increase, Iowa hospitals need strategies for succession planning and employee retention.
Effective succession planning helps ensure hospital strategies can continue through employee retention of the best people. The Advanced Leadership Academy provides Iowa Hospital Association members with another resource for supporting their top talent as part of their succession planning. Click here to view the 2022 Advanced Leadership Academy brochure.
Help for Iowa Hospital Administration Succession Planning
Advanced Leadership Academy overview
Affordable tuition: The $2,700 tuition not only includes the four in-person full-day programs, but also:
- Attendance at the IHA Governance Forum.
- Tours of diverse hospital settings.
- Guest CEO insight and discussions.
- Process improvement projects to benefit participants’ facilities.
- Multiple project management conference calls.
- Leadership assessments and readings.
- Work with experts to improve their public speaking and communications skills.
- Attendance at the Summer Forum.
Additionally, the tuition can be divided into three payments.
Nomination of employees: Complete the nomination form and return it to Corey Martin at the Iowa Hospital Association. On acceptance, the nominee and mentor will receive confirmations and further details from the Iowa Hospital Association.
Succession planning and employee retention are vital to the long-term health of Iowa hospitals. Identify the key people in your organization and consider the IHA Advanced Leadership Academy as a resource in your succession planning, whether to vet emerging talent or further develop leaders already moving up the ladder.