Recruiting and retaining a quality workforce is an important challenge faced by Iowa hospitals. The Iowa Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration provides hospital human resource professionals opportunities to advance their institutional and personal goals by learning from professionals in the field, sharing ideas with colleagues and developing professional and personal skills. The group's objectives include:
- Encouraging the highest standards of practice in hospital human resource administration.
- Promoting the effective use of sound human resource management programs in hospitals.
- Helping members and stimulating an exchange of information about human resource policies, practices and procedures.
- 2021 IHA Annual Meeting, Oct. 5-7
- 2022 ISHHRA Conference: date to be determined
President – Tonya Clawson, Human Resource Manager
MercyOne Centerville Medical Center, Centerville
President-Elect - Kolton Hewlett, Vice Senior Director, Administration
Audubon County Memorial Hospital and Clinics, Audubon
Vice-President – Sarah Esper, Human Resources Director
Clarke County Hospital, Osceola
Secretary – Amy Reick, Chief HR Officer
Greater Regional Health, Creston
Past President – Jennifer Jackson, Human Resources Director
Madison County Health Care System, Winterset