Our aspiration is to bring together women CEOs leading Iowa hospitals to exchange and share experiences to strengthen leadership and strategies for navigating today’s environments and build community inspiring positive change and achieving a bright and better workplace.
With the guidance of women serving on the IHA Board, IHA held its first ever women’s retreat for Iowa hospital CEOs this past fall. The retreat was a huge success and those attending want more.
In response to requests we’ve created easy ways to connect …
- Listserv: IowaHospitalCEOWomensForum@lists.ihaonline.org. The listserv is populated with the women hospital CEOs in Iowa. If you want to be removed or use a different email address, contact Allison Martin at IHA.
- Cell phone numbers: Contact Ellen Waller at IHA to add yours.
Note: This is a private page for women serving as CEOs in Iowa hospitals. The page is hidden on the IHA website, and the link is only being shared with women CEOs.
QUARTERLY MEET UP
On March 23, former hospital and health system CEO Kim Russel, FACHE, led a discussion on expanding your leadership reach via board service. She shared these resources with the group.
June 12-13: IHA Summer Leadership Forum
Meet up the at the June 12 Welcome Reception held at the AC Hotel Des Moines East Village - Republic on Grand South Patio. Please let Ellen Waller know if you will be attending. On June 13, Forum attendees will be enjoying lunch outdoors from local food trucks and we'll have a table reserved for you to meet up and connect.
September 14, 8-9 am: Zoom Meetup
Celina Peerman, Ph.D., an organizational psychologist with more than 27 years of experience working in a wide range of industries and organizations, will discuss the role of power and influence in driving organizational effectiveness. Patrice Kuennen, administrator at Gundersen Palmer Lutheran Hospital & Clinics in West Union, connected us with Peerman and will host this session.
November 1-3: Iowa Hospital CEO Women's Retreat, Surety Hotel Des Moines
Our lives as women leaders are filled with expectations, to-do's, commitments and constrictions, often with little time to tend to ourselves. Plan now to come together in Nov. to create space for our bodies, minds and spirits to rest, relax, receive and replenish. Lisa Radtke, former IHA Board member and retired chief administrative officer for Winneshiek Medical Center, along with former Mayo Health System colleague and Nickijo Hager will be our facilitators.
- International Women's Day 2023
- Iowa women still make up fewer than one-third of C-suite - Fearless (fearlessbr.com) Dec. 2022.
- Women in the Workplace Report.
- Suggested readings from Christine Watkins Davies, New Growth Coaching, cell: 303.947.0052, who led the 2022 retreat.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success: Dweck, Carol S
- Playing Big: Practical Wisdom for Women Who Want to Speak Up, Create, and Lead: Mohr, Tara: 9781592409600: Amazon.com: Books.
- Using empowered language
Photos from the inaugural Iowa Hospital CEO Women's Retreat.
October 26-28, 2022