Pledge to Champion Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity
Advance diversity in leadership and governance to reflect the communities we serve.
- Be anti-racist and stand with and stand up for those with diverse backgrounds.
- Champion strategies that advance equity.
- Examine practices and consider methods to stop contributing to systemic discrimination.
- Foster a culture of diversity, equity and inclusivity.
- Hold ourselves and others accountable to committing to reforms and action.
- Improve and strengthen community partners.
- Increase diversity in our sphere of influence.
- Increase the collection, stratification and use of race, ethnicity, language preference and other sociodemographic data to improve quality and safety.
- Learn about systemic injustice and use our trusted voice to influence and educate others.
- Listen to learn.
- Promote the practice of self-assessment for unconscious biases and increase cultural competency training to ensure culturally responsive care.
- Pursue social justice by listening and engaging in dialogue with others, even when it is uncomfortable.
- See, hear and accept people from every race, culture, gender, sexual identity and religion.
- Support legislative efforts to eliminate racism and discrimination and support basic human rights.