The IHA Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee has developed five one-pagers with language guidance for:
- Disability status and ableism
- Gender identity and sexuality
- General terms
- The Joint Commission Health Care Equity Resource Center
- Person-first and identify-first language
- Race ethnicity and culture
IHA developed these one-pagers using guidelines written by the American Psychological Association and Maya Akbar, Ph.D., chief diversity officer of the American Psychological Association, the Associated Press, the American Medical Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Email Jen Nutt or Roxy Strike at IHA with questions or suggestions.