Overall DEI Initiative Topics
- American Hospital Association Equity Roadmap, Leon Caldwell, PhD. This 2021 IHA Annual Meeting session will review the AHA Equity Roadmap and support participants in charting their system's health equity journey.
- Institute for Diversity and Health Equity Webinars. Diversity Dialogue Webinars are one of the most popular programs in which a different nationally-renowned speaker discusses a topic of pressing concern in health care. April 12, 2018
- Unconscious Bias Training: Two Approaches from Equity of Care Honorees. Innovative staff training methods addressing the dynamics of unconscious biases, how to avoid uncomfortable interactions, and successful strategies for heightening bias awareness in the workplace. Oct. 9, 2020
- Building trust with patients and combatting misinformation. Live stream hosted by the American Psychological Association and funded by the CDC.
- Resiliency, Aging and the Personal Determinants of Health. Examine the correlation of attitude and social connections to better health, lower health care costs and utilizations Sept. 26, 2018
- Prioritizing Community Health to Achieve Health Equity. How building community collaboration and introducing novel partnerships are key to achieving health equity and ensure all achieve their highest potential for health. Feb. 6, 2019
- Health Equity, Disparities Resolution and Workforce Experience, This webinar will discuss how Navicent Health has developed a health equity governance and oversight structure, a program in health equity improvement and research, an organization-wide effort in multi-cultural equity engagement for employees and physicians, and promotion of diversity, inclusion, and advancement in leadership and staffing. Oct. 3, 2018
- Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Webinars. How can hospitals and health systems create trusting environments that make interactions between patients and health care providers more comfortable and inclusive. Oct. 27, 2020
- Creating an Inclusive Health System for LGBTQ People. This session will equip the participant to drive their organization to be inclusive of all people and be a leader in the care of LGBTQ people through redefining the patient and employee experience. Mar 1, 2021
- Culturally Competent Care: An Evidenced-Based Approach (Gender Identity, Pronoun and Preferred Name). Jan. 7, 2021
- Institutional Strategies to Support LGBTQ Patients and Families. This webinar will discuss how in his current role directing the Vanderbilt Program for LGBTI Health, Dr. Ehrenfeld will help participants understand the unique challenges and health issues facing the LGBTQ community. Oct. 3, 2018
- How Advancing Racial Equity Can Create Business Value. This webinar will explore strategies and internal enabling conditions for hospitals and health systems to advance health equity and simultaneously improve their business performance through an explicit focus on racial equity. Aug. 28, 2020