Sample PAC campaign materials
These materials are provided to help you run your hospital’s PAC campaign:
- Hospitals Helping to Elect Health Care Champions: 2021 Political Action Kit – This is a digital version of the materials mailed to each IHA member hospital and health system CEO in early June.
- Stand with Iowa's Hospitals, flyer
- Prior-authorization form – Federal election rules require prior-authorization forms. The IHA PAC requests member hospitals and health systems approvals for five years. IHA retains copies and also shares copies with AHA. Signing the prior authorization does not require an organization to run a campaign.
- 2021 IHA PAC letterhead and sample solicitation and thank you letters, MS Word format – Contact IHA if you would like help with these documents.
- Fundraiser sign-in sheet – Use this sheet to track cash donations at your PAC fundraising events, and return it to IHA with the contributions. When submitting cash donations, do not mail them to IHA. You may use a money order in lieu of sending cash. Corporate checks are not allowed. Do not deposit cash in your hospital’s account and submit a check from this account. Use a mail service with a tracking number when mailing multiple contributions or an entire hospital campaign.
- 2021 IHA PAC presentation – This presentation defines a PAC and highlights the critical role of PACs in advocacy. Legislative priorities for IHA members and a call for contributions are included. Contact IHA if you need help customizing this to your organization’s needs.
- PAC Brochure – IHA members can use the one-page contribution form or the brochure for solicitations. Preprinted brochures and return envelopes are also available and can be mailed to your organization. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-288-1955, to request materials.
- 2021 IHA PAC hospital and health system goals – Hospitals reaching tiered levels of contributions that exceed their goals are recognized. When a hospital reaches its goal, it will be recognized on the Honor Roll. When a hospital exceeds its goal by 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%, it qualifies for respective Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum IHA PAC chairman’s awards. Hospitals that meet and exceed their goals will be recognized in IHA Today and at the IHA Annual Meeting. They also will be presented certificates of achievement at end-of-year IHA district meetings. To track this year’s campaign, including individual and hospital contributions, follow the IHA PAC Dashboard.
- 2020 IHA PAC Annual Report – The 2020 IHA PAC Annual Report provides complete campaign details including hospital, individual and district results.
How to promote political engagement and conduct a solicitation in your hospital presentation.
Shari Dexter, Political Action Director, American Hospital Association
For more information
Please email email@example.com or call 515-288-1955, for more information or with questions.
IHA PAC staff contacts are:
Becky Anthony, Senior Vice President
Rachel Sigler, Administrative Support, Government Relations
c/o Iowa Hospital Association
100 E. Grand, Suite 100
Des Moines, IA 50309
Thank you for your continued support.