If you are an Iowa hospital quality professional, there is no charge to join the Iowa Association for Healthcare Quality. Click here to join.
- To promote improvement in health care quality in Iowa.
- To provide educational opportunities for association members.
- To promote standards and ethics for health care quality professionals.
- A medium for networking and disseminating information and materials.
- A platform for representation and advocacy.
- Consultation and management resources for quality health care issues.
- Opportunities to excel and be visible in the health care quality profession.
- Professional development and education programs.
- 2023 Spring Conference, April 27
- 2023 Annual Meeting October 10-11
Certification as a professional in health care quality recognizes professional and academic achievement through this international voluntary certification program. Certification demonstrates knowledge base and ability to be a quality leader.
Those who obtain certification demonstrate a knowledge base of multiple parameters of health care quality:
- Data collection and analysis.
- Education and training.
- Information management.
- Physician credentialing.
- Process improvement.
- Risk management.
A strong foundation of these principles prepares quality professionals to meet these demands and set priorities for process-improvement activities in their organizations.
Attaining certification often opens new career paths for those who may have been doing quality work as part of another job but may want to move entirely into health care quality.
Click here for more information about the certification process.
Tammy Sudtelgte, President
Floyd valley Health Care, Le Mars
Barb Runneberg, President-Elect
Process Excellence and Quality Director
Kossuth Regional Health Center, Algona
Jo-el Sprecher, Secretary
Director of Patient Experience and Safety
Mary Greeley Medical Center, Ames
- Quarter 1, 2023
- Quarter 4, 2022
- Quarter 3. 2022
- Quarter 3, 2021
- Quarter 2, 2021
- Quarter 1, 2021
- Quarter 3, 2020
- Quarter 2, 2020
If you are an Iowa hospital quality professional, there is no charge to join the association. Click here to join.
For More Information
Contact Jen Nutt, IHA staff liaison, 515-288-1955.