The IHA PAC is the political action committee (PAC) of the Iowa Hospital Association (IHA) and a critical component of IHA’s advocacy efforts.
A strong and robust IHA PAC:
- Ensures the voices of Iowa hospitals and health systems are heard.
- Enables IHA to fully engage on health care issues for its members and safeguard the interests of Iowa hospitals and the patients they serve.
- Sends a powerful message of unity to the hospital community.
- Sets a high level of political visibility to legislators, committee chairs, party leaders and the state political structure.
The IHA PAC is nonpartisan and supports candidates for state office with a demonstrated willingness to listen to the perspectives of Iowa hospitals and champion the public policy issues that ensure access to quality health care for Iowans.
The IHA PAC also can reach federal candidates whose decisions affect Iowa hospitals through a transfer of IHA PAC funds to the American Hospital Association PAC.
Resources for hospital PAC campaigns
The IHA PAC Committee wants to make reaching your hospital’s campaign goal as easy as possible. A variety of resources is available from IHA. Click the links below to download materials. Email IHAPAC@ihaonline.org with questions.
- NEW IHA PAC FAQ
- NEW 2022 IHA PAC Information PowerPoint
- New Instructions to access individual PAC donations by organization
- 2022 Member PAC goals
- 2022 IHA PAC campaign kit
- 2022 IHA PAC brochure
- 2022 IHA PAC contribution form
NEW video - Advocacy for IHA Members
Contributions to the IHA PAC are accepted only from full-time, salaried hospital employees with managerial, professional or supervisory responsibilities, hospital trustees and employed physicians. Contributions will be screened and contributions received from outside the restricted class will be returned. Participation in the IHA PAC is voluntary and has no impact on job status, performance review, compensation or employment. You can refuse to contribute without being subject to coercion or reprisal. Only personal contributions are accepted. Guidelines on amounts are merely suggestions. Corporate contributions are not permitted. Contributions to a PAC are not deductible for federal or state income tax purposes.
IHA PAC dashboard
Bookmark the IHA PAC dashboard to track your hospital’s progress to your goal and see contributions made by individuals and hospitals statewide.
*This dashboard is updated weekly on Wednesday.