March 18, 2023
Register for June leadership webinar
Creating strong workplace teams involves creating psychological contracts between leaders and their staff. The June Lessons in Leadership webinar will explore this unwritten contract and its role in creating commitment and improving employee experience.
Ryan Gallik, founder of Ryan Gallik and Associates, and Michael Stahl, founder of Motivational Concepts, will discuss tools to strengthen organizations including:
- Defining psychological contracts.
- Developing and maintaining positive employee experiences that affect patient experience.
- Discussing the differences between relationship building and relationship behavior.
The Leader’s Role in Setting the Psychological Contract webinar is scheduled from 10-11 a.m. Wednesday, June 21.
Agencies warn of LockBit ransomware variant
The FBI, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency and the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center provided intelligence and encouraged organizations to implement recommendations to protect their networks from LockBit 3.0 ransomware. The new variant is more evasive than previous versions.
The ransomware exploits remote desktop protocols and phishing emails to attack networks. LockBit 3.0 only infects machines that do not have language settings matching a defined exclusion list including Romanian, Arabic and Tatar.
The joint agencies recommend organizations:
- Enable and enforce phishing-resistant multifactor authentication.
- Prioritize remediating exploited vulnerabilities.
Train users to recognize and report phishing attempts.
HRSA funding available for RN pathway programs
The Health Resources and Services Administration announced $8.9 million in funding for its Nurse Education, Practice, Quality and Retention – Pathway to Registered Nurse Program. Eligible applicants include health care facilities.
The program aims to create a pathway from academic training to clinical practice through the creation and implementation of licensed practical nurse/licensed vocational nurse to registered nurse bridge programs and employment of clinical nurse faculty including:
- Curriculum and partnership development between clinical and educational institutions.
- Direct support for LPN/LVN to RN students to help with stipends, tuition and other social support.
- Preceptor and faculty recruitment and retention.
- Program development.
HRSA will award up to eight cooperative agreements. Applications are due Thursday, April 27. An informational webinar is scheduled from noon-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 21.
HHS webinar addresses continuous enrollment unwinding
Registration is open for a Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services webinar helping health partners prepare for the end of the COVID-19 public health emergency. Webinar participants will discuss the continuous enrollment unwinding for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
Department representatives will discuss:
- CMS unwinding resources to help organizations with outreach efforts.
- Medicaid renewals, terminations, communications, outreach strategies, and Medicaid-to-marketplace and Medicaid-to-Medicare transitions.
The Medicaid and CHIP Continuous Enrollment Unwinding webinar is scheduled from 11 a.m.-noon Wednesday, March 22